Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Leave It Open

To Brody's adoptive family-I cannot express my gratitude enough.  Not only can I trust them to love him and raise him right, but they genuinely care about me.  I wanted an open adoption, and they have given me everything I asked for.  It is easy, as humans, to see a situation like this as a competition.  Especially the two women; 2 mothers, in 2 completely different ways to the same child.  It's not like that at all.  We love each other and Brody has more people to love him.

Picture from Wikipedia.com


Along with that, they care about what is going on with me.  When I was still pregnant, Brody's adoptive mother and I talked all the time.  We mostly talked about Brody, but we also talked about life in general.  She was actually interested in MY life.  She wasn't just concerned about this child I was giving her.  She loved me as well.  And she still does.  Now that she has him, she hasn't changed and ignored me.  She's still just as loving and still talks with me when I tell her about what is going on with me.  That's such a wonderful characteristic in an adoptive family.  

For those of you on the other side, who want to adopt-be like this family and never forget your birthmother.  The thought of her child that she gave to you will never escape her mind.  She will always think of him or her; every second of everyday.  And to trust you with that life, shows how much she thinks of you.  Never let her forget how you feel about her.  Never forget about her. 

One of my requests was that I was able to keep Brody in the hospital.  That's a great story, but we will get to that in my next post.  In the meantime, I have a few more thank you's:

My adoptive family:  Thank you for the gifts!  Thank you for being there, and bringing your family.  Thank you for trusting me to go through with the adoption, even though legally I could change my mind.  Thank you for the instant and obvious glow in your eyes the moment you saw our sweet blessing!  That touched my heart!  Thank you thank you that I can trust you with him.  Thank you.

My mom:  Thank you for not leaving my side in the hospital.  Thank you for holding my leg while I pushed.  Thank you for holding my hand.  Thank you for taking care of me.  Thank you for putting my broken heart above your own.  Thank you for your unfailing love, no matter what mistakes I make.  Thank you for all that you do.



The rest of my family:  Thank you for being there.  Thank you for supporting me.  Thank you for defending me.  Thank you for your love.  Thank you for taking time out to come visit us in the hospital. I love you!




My Other Mother:  Thank you for holding my other leg while I pushed.  Thank you for connecting us to this wonderful family.  Thank you for your love and support.  Thank your for being there for me and for my mom; she needed you, and you never failed her.  You have an amazing heart, and I am honored to know you.

Aunt Susie:  Thank you so much for all of the pictures you took!  Thank you and Dr. Harris for checking out Brody to make sure he was healthy.  Thank you for the amazing pajama pants!  They are my favorites!  Thank you continuing to check on me even now.  Thank you for your love and compassion and forgiveness.  You are amazing!






Aunt Bethie:  Thank you for bringing me breakfast.  Thank you for taking pictures.  Thank you for being supportive no matter what and always loving me and caring about me.  Thank you for buying the Alabama outfits.  It really broke the ice the morning they came to pick him up and lightened the mood of such a heavy day.  You have no idea how much that did for me.  I love you!




Grandma:  Thank you for taking me in.  Thank you for all of the long talks.  Thank you for being at the hospital.  Thank you for loving me and Brody.  Thank you for all the little gifts.  Thank you for all the fun!  You are the best!

Neely Hill and Amy Gilland: Your thank yous are to come.  I haven't forgotten about you. :)

To all of my other visitors, thank you for being there.  Thank you for coming to see my little bundle of joy.  Thank you for the gifts.  Thank you for the thoughts, prayers, and love.  I appreciated it more than you know!


No comments:

Post a Comment