Friday, February 28, 2014

Thursday, February 27, 2014



Dear Brody,

You turned one today.  I can't believe it has been a year already.  Your mom sent me pictures of you smashing your cake.  It looked like you were having a blast!  After the way you were about the cookie when I saw you in December I am sure you were in heaven with a whole cake in front of you!  And, ok, it's so not fair how photogenic you are. :) You take the cutest pictures.  You look like a professional model at one year old-its crazy.  I guess I can take some credit for that since I made you.  You are already walking-good job!  You are getting through several milestones already.  Potty training-that one is going to be fun.  I see you doing well at that one too though.

I've also had a lot happen in the past year and overcome a lot.  I ran a 5k...with obstacles; it was a lot of work, but really fun.  I started a new wonderful full-time job!  I went over a year without dating-and enjoyed it!  Then I met a guy and am in the first healthy, happy, balanced, Godly relationship I've ever had.  It's a very nice change.  He's pretty awesome.  He treats me amazingly well!   

I have a wonderful support group.  My boyfriend, friends, family, and co-workers all asked how I was with today being your birthday.  Joanna and Aunt Susie are in the hospital and they even thought of me.  That was incredibly sweet!  I greatly appreciate my loved ones and how supportive they have been through all of this.  I miss you every single day.  Your birthday is another day that I miss you and wish I could see you and play with you and make you laugh.  However, I can't do that everyday.  But someone is-you are laughing and playing and you feel safe and loved and secure and happy.  So, although it's not easy being away from you.  I am ok.  God did a powerful, permanent healing work in my heart.  That doesn't mean I don't love you or miss you or think about you-because I do.  It just means that I have peace about where you are.  I hope that makes sense to you.  

I am so excited about all of your birthdays to come.  I can't wait to see how you change and grow each year!  I love you so much!  Happy Birthday sweet boy!  

Love, 

Me.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he is already one! Time flies!

    ReplyDelete